Sunday, April 14, 2013

Starting Out


Hello, darlings!
            My name is Katrina and I’m a sophomore at Randolph Southern High School in good ol’ Lynn, Indiana. My current English class assignment is to “change the world.” That’s where this blog comes in! I pondered many causes that would be worthy of my attention, but then I found that the biggest problem in life is being unhappy.
            Happiness is one of the most important things in life to have. While there are many reasons in life for us to be less than happy, choosing to be happy can literally be the difference between life and death. Some struggles in life, from getting up in the morning to dealing with a cancer diagnosis, can be overcome simply by choosing to be positive and happy.
            Choosing to be happy can be hard sometimes, especially when multiple people are involved in the situation. That’s where my project comes in. I may not change someone’s entire life, but I may change their day, and that is worth it. Each week I will be doing little “Smile, Darling” assignments while working daily to brighten someone’s day. Each week I will write about my endeavors and share them with all of you! At the end of the nine weeks grading period, I plan to have a “release your fears” day (balloons will be involved). I hope through the use of this blog, I can spread the message of happiness.


                                                                                                                                            Smile on, 
Katrina


P.S. Excuse any changes to the blog that may happen in the next few weeks. I am working to make it exactly how I want it, and, frankly, I’m not very tech-savvy.

P.P.S. I will also be keeping up with my classmates’ projects, so as to help them spread their word. A post about their upcoming events will be available shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment